Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Conveyencing costs

(10 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Sun 31-Mar-13 20:12:57

Just putting together financials for our house move. Can you tell me what you paid for conveyencing fees if you've moved (or are moving) recently? We are in the South East. Appreciate there are different rates everywhere but I'm just trying to get a ballpark figure

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 31-Mar-13 20:14:34

We moved last year and paid about £800

nocake Sun 31-Mar-13 20:16:54

I'll find the quotes we got from Simpson Millar, who I can recommend.

Selling - £522.80 inclusive of everything (including bank transfer fees)
Buying - £547.80 for their fees. That's for a £400k house and you need to add on search fees, stamp duty and bank transfer fees.

johnnycomelurky Sun 31-Mar-13 20:20:10

We just got a quote for £950ish for buying, plus our mortgage lender's fees. That includes all the searches, land registry fee etc.. Got another quote and it was higher. . We're in the North East, btw.

TerrysNo2 Sun 31-Mar-13 20:26:47

nocake what were the land registry searches on top of that? I know stamp duty but not sure of those

Doretaball Sun 31-Mar-13 20:29:00

I've used RMNJ solicitors in Birkenhead a few times. They've been great and are very competitively priced. You can get an online quote. Sorry but I can't remember what we paid but is was certainly much nearer the £500 all in than the £1000 all in.

You don't need local sols to do your conveyancing.

Good luck with the move.

nocake Sun 31-Mar-13 20:32:00

The extras on top of Simpson Millar's fees are Land Registry fee, searches (local authority, environmental (optional), chancel (optional), bankruptcy and land charges), bank transfer fees and stamp duty.

nocake Sun 31-Mar-13 20:33:23

A quote from a solicitor should list out all the costs individually. If they don't then don't use them.

scurryfunge Sun 31-Mar-13 20:34:59

About to pay £700 in the South East. Not buying though, just selling.

annalouiseh Sun 31-Mar-13 21:05:15

Dh has just paid to purchase only £405 + 15 for each raised enquiry, they raised 12 when only 4 was needed, so we stopped them.
but that £15 was a hidden charge, hard to find on paperwork as we assumed was all in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now