Talk

Advanced search

What colour walls with pale grey kitchen units?

(19 Posts)
LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Sun 31-Mar-13 18:55:58

Help please! Kitchen in process of being fitted - units are painted in Little Greene French Grey and worktops will be Compac Carrera quartz (carrerra marble look-a-like). We have a cream range cooker.

We want to keep the kitchen light and bright but not cold looking so am thinking off-white walls, but which white? Really like Little Greene paints, have been considering White Lead (too creamy?) or Shirting (too white?), or maybe Pointing or Wimbourne White from F&B.

Any thoughts please?

staverton Sun 31-Mar-13 20:12:02

We have slaked lime with almost the identical coloureah to you.
I have a pic I can email you but it's taken at night

staverton Sun 31-Mar-13 20:12:41

Colourway.

greyvix Sun 31-Mar-13 20:18:36

Pointing is a nice warm white- light without being too yellow. It goes with most colours.

staverton Sun 31-Mar-13 20:32:57

I think pointing is quite yellow, Wimborne less so.

LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Sun 31-Mar-13 21:47:22

Ooh, I was considering slaked lime - I just pm'd you on this stav, so thank you! Are you pleased with it?

formicaqueen Sun 31-Mar-13 23:56:39

Ponting is lovely. light, quite warm and subtle. Wimborne would be a better choice as it's less creamy.

wendybird77 Mon 01-Apr-13 07:51:52

I've used LG Clockface with dark grey in my house - it is really lovely - not too white, but not cream - has grey undertones.

LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Mon 01-Apr-13 10:01:49

Hmm, more testers needed I think. I have spent a fortune on testers! Wonder if pointing actually might work quite well as the range cooker is cream so a creamy white might be good. I don't want a greyish white a I think too much grey can be a but depressing!

staverton Mon 01-Apr-13 12:31:01

I've tried to reply to your PM but can't somehow.
Yes it looks great. Lots of compliments. Not too creamy but not cold.
LG paints are ace- amazing quality!
Pm your email and will email you a pic.

LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Mon 01-Apr-13 17:43:31

Thanks Staverton, I have pm'd you with my email. I found a left of sample of pearl colour pale from LG which I tried earlier and thought looked pretty good. It's really hard to tell though when it's just a small patch and there are no worktops!

I agree that little greene paints are gorgeous - I use them in preference to F&B although do like some of the F&B colours.

staverton Mon 01-Apr-13 19:36:13

Jusr emailing now...
So are you def having LG French grey or is that still to be decided?

LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Mon 01-Apr-13 20:47:32

Great, thank you - will check emails in a sec. Yes, units have been painted and have been fitted, just waiting to have the worktops templated this week. Can't wait for it all to be finished.

Right, off to look at the photo of your kitchen!

6monthsin Tue 02-Apr-13 19:13:21

We are hoping to refurb the kitchen in the house we're buying and have been looking at various LG greys for the units, would you lovelies send me a pic please as I too am struggling with wall colours..... smile thanks

JazzAnnNonMouse Tue 02-Apr-13 19:50:24

How about a bright colour?

LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Tue 02-Apr-13 21:39:37

I'll put a picture on my profile once it's all finished. 6monthsin - the LG greys are lovely - I also considered Pearl Colour (more of a green-grey) and Gauze(with a blue tone). In fact, after having told the kitchen people I wanted French Grey, I then had doubts and decided I would go with Gauze instead but by the time I had rung them to tell them, it was too late as the painter had already been in and done a couple of coats of French Grey! The French Grey is lovely though, and I am pleased with it.

Jazz - I think a bright colour could be fab with a more modern kitchen but mine is very classic in-frame Shaker style, and house is 120 years old so we are going for more of a muted palette. I have been out and bought 3 more testers today (all LG) - Linen Wash (as it sounds really), Echo and Starling's Egg (both very pale blues).

DH thinks I am mad grin.

What do you think of these for the chimney alcove where the range cooker is going? I know not a traditional choice but wanted to move away from the obvious metro tiles and thought they could lift the whole scheme and be a bit of feature. Am doubting myself though... confused.

staverton Tue 02-Apr-13 22:01:05

Like the tiles but look a bit bathroomy for me...
What about tinted glass?

You could def have a bright colour "pop"- just the odd thing eg a vase or pot. Orange pops make the FG look more taupey, we are going For cobalt blue pops which make sit loon more like a true grey.

6months - happy to email if you PM me your address

staverton Tue 02-Apr-13 22:01:50

Phone typos galore! Makes it look...

LaughToSeeAPuddingCrawl Tue 02-Apr-13 22:27:14

Hmm, I did wonder if they were a bit bathroomy, or do they just seem like they are because they are pictured in a bathroom...? I do love them though. Maybe I'll order some and if I don't like them I'll put them in the downstairs loo...wink

We'd originally decided on these but not sure now, am thinking they're maybe a bit old-fashioned? Flippin' 'eck, I'll be glad when it's all finished and I can start worrying about important stuff...

Good to have somewhere to wafffle on about it though grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now