Talk

Advanced search

What would you offer? Is Greggssausageroll around!

(6 Posts)
gracielooloo Sun 31-Mar-13 11:17:15

We are going for a second viewing on a house this afternoon, really like it maybe slightly smaller than ideal but great location and lovely south facing garden. It's a wee but dated, lady has lived there for twenty odd years.

We're in Scotland so the Home Report came in at £160k, obviously don't want to offer her that straight away but what is reasonable? Bearing in mind it would be a private sale so she is saving on Estate Agency fees.

Anyone any insight?!

PaythePiper Sun 31-Mar-13 13:26:10

Can you provide some more info- how long has it been on the market? Is there anyone else interested? Can you proceed right away with the purchase? How much work does it need to modernise it-the Home Report usually flags up some issues. Above all, what is the asking price?

gracielooloo Sun 31-Mar-13 13:51:31

It's not on the market, private sale, home report 160 with a couple of 2's nothing major. We are in rented having sold our house so can proceed ASAP, nobody else interested. We are around an hour South of Aberdeen if that helps.

Gregssausageroll Sun 31-Mar-13 21:05:15

Hello

You could try starting at £140/145 but Aberdeen area has been pretty recession proof so you may well have to come up to the hr valuation. Aberdeenshire is a bit like my area in that property goes pretty much close to valuation.

That said, the seller may need a quick sale and as you say you are in rented so in a good position.

Send me a message if you want me to look at anything for you

Good luck.

gracielooloo Tue 02-Apr-13 10:04:55

Hi Greggs,

Thankyou for getting back to me!

Well we agreed on £155 which we're quite happy with. As you say property in this area appears to be moving quite quick so didn't want to try going too low when we don't know how much interest it would attract on the open market. Also her next property is bit of a wreck so we knew she would need/want all the pennies she could get!
She has also agreed to an entry date when our lease ends so we won't be paying both rent and mortgage at the same time, which is a big help.

So fingers crossed we'll be relaxing in that South facing garden come what passes for Summer in NE Scotland!

Thanks again for the advice.smile

Gregssausageroll Tue 02-Apr-13 12:59:49

Good news then and good luck with your move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now