Talk

Advanced search

Little greene paint discount?

(4 Posts)
Swimbikerun Thu 28-Mar-13 21:00:39

Has anyone managed to get a discount on little Greene paint? My local stockist says their prices are set and can't discount them. Does this seem likely?

Thanks

soonbesailing Fri 29-Mar-13 08:26:56

Yes it's true all stockists should sell at RRP set by manufacturer.

Discounting is discouraged and if it happens (the shop I work in does give small discount 5% max 10% to high user trade decorators) it is the shop who is losing money. The mark up on paint is actually very small and the stockist/shop are not the ones who make lots of money.

This is the same for F & B although they are even stricter about discounting.

betterwhenthesunshines Fri 29-Mar-13 09:48:36

I bought £180 worth yesterday, that was slightly discounted from the RRP because I paid cash but the 5L intelligent emulsion was still about £58.

Then I went to a trade shop for some Dulux mixes. The trade paint seems to have more pigment and more coverage. A 5L emulsion was £36.

Also got a 10L trade white massive tub for £42. - I bought 2 massive tubs of Crown white (£30 for 2) for ceilings in B&Q recently and it is RUBBISH. Even on existing white ceilings I've done 2 coats and you can still see marks through.

Sorry - off the point.... I would buy a tester pot and paint a large piece of lining paper and then take this into a trade shop and get them to scan it and give you a colour mix. That is my plan for the rest of the house otherwise it is all £££££

Swimbikerun Fri 29-Mar-13 14:33:45

Thanks for the replies. Not planning to do whole house in little Greene, but some of the stronger colours are great, and the paint itself seems lovely from the testers I have. unusual not to able to find a way to get a discount!

Think we will use Dulux trade for the rest. Still debating the white/off white base colour...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now