Talk

Advanced search

Now that the asbestos floor tiles have been removed ...

(5 Posts)
candyflossy Tue 26-Mar-13 14:43:25

The floor tiles have been removed a month ago. The dehumidifiers are on for the last three weeks due to next door's burst pipe. Air test was done and visual inspection report after tiles removal shown satisfactory. But this morning whilst checking around the room I noticed there are quite a few broken pieces of tiles left underneath the skirting board, a plank of word and a big piece inside the radiator! I am so concerned, especially with the dehumidifiers on. Please I need someone to calm me down! What are the chances of releasing danger fibres into the air with broken tiles?

candyflossy Tue 16-Apr-13 09:38:25

No one had their floor tiles removed? Did they remove your skirting board in order to remove the tiles underneath?

formicaqueen Tue 16-Apr-13 13:56:12

My goodness, you are completely over reacting. Ring the people who did the job and ask them to finish the work. It will be fine.

Firstly the tiles contains the least dangerous type of asbestos (I think there are three types). Secondly, if anything it was a very very small tiny exposure to the stuff. Think of the exposure some workmen must have got in the 70's before we were more aware. Thirdly, the asbestos related lung problems often have a second element - smoking.

formicaqueen Tue 16-Apr-13 13:57:13

Let me know what the company say

candyflossy Tue 16-Apr-13 14:38:36

They think it should not be a problem because floor tiles are considered low risk. We are having the floor screed to cover the skirting board gaps as I don't want to go through the stress of having the rest of the tiles remove. I may be over reacting but then I have children in the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now