Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got any window recommendations (London)

(6 Posts)
Quodlibet Sun 24-Mar-13 11:23:36

We have got to replace all the windows in our Victorian flat. The original sashes are long gone unfortunately and what remains is drafty, ugly, leaky and fire hazardous.

I would love to have a nice set of timber-framed double-glazed sashes but I don't think our budget will stretch to it, and quite frankly our road isn't Naice enough for a huge blowout on windows to improve the value of our home significantly.

Has anyone got any recommendations of double glazing that won't be horribly ugly? Or a company that does miraculously cheap timber windows? I want to keep the windows as sash mechanisms at least at the front. The original sash boxes are still there so it means inserts are possible, which keeps the cost down a bit as we don't have to rip out the architraving etc, although the sills will have to come out as they are rotten.

Quodlibet Mon 25-Mar-13 22:21:26

Bump?

TDada Tue 26-Mar-13 08:46:12

Swan WIndows (NW London)

TDada Tue 26-Mar-13 08:47:24

42 Church St Rickmansworth WD3 1JE
01923 720792

www.swanwindowsltd.co.uk

Good price and quality. ABout to do phase 2 on my house. Happy with phase 1

TDada Tue 26-Mar-13 08:51:01

Everest do good deals as well.

architectming Tue 26-Mar-13 14:01:14

Was involved in a Victorian house renovation and we used Bereco sash windows, lovely quality and meet modern building regs standard as well.

I believe Swan Windows will supply Bereco so no harm to get a quote.

Good Luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now