Talk

Advanced search

Which range cooker sub £1000?

(23 Posts)
lpa Sun 10-Mar-13 14:25:49

Finally get to choose a range cooker for new house. Bit concerned about Leisure being made by Beko-same company that was in trouble with cooker deaths last year. Flavel same co.
Belling and Stoves reviews not good.
Would love Rangemaster but cheapest is £1199. 100cm plus.
Any ideas please or does anyone like their Leisure?
Thankyou!

Pannacotta Sun 10-Mar-13 15:16:55

We had a Leisure cooker in a previous house and loved it. It came in a dark frey/graphite finich which was very practical as it didnt show the dirt and both the oven and hpb heated up really quickly.

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 15:18:42

We have a Belling - second one as the first had a dodgy door hinge which died after 11 yrs and they couldn't repair ithmm

Pannacotta Sun 10-Mar-13 15:35:59

Btw, just had a look at Which and their 100cm range cooker is up there at the top scoring just below Rangemaster.

annalouiseh Sun 10-Mar-13 15:37:20

Leisure is made by Rangemaster
Same with there sink and taps, part of the AGA group

weakestlink Sun 10-Mar-13 17:24:09

Which? says Leisure is made by Beko... And Flavel...

annalouiseh Sun 10-Mar-13 20:22:00

yes, sorry, Beko brought the name back along
but they use to be aga

weakestlink Sun 10-Mar-13 20:50:20

I've had terrible experience with Beko but washing machine and drier. Would not touch Beko now!

wonkylegs Sun 10-Mar-13 21:24:34

I hate our Belling one, it looks good and the hob bit is good but it has a rubbish gas oven which is unreliable and unpredictable. The doors are a bit dodgy too. I won't get one again.

bigTillyMint Sun 10-Mar-13 21:42:30

wonky, how old is yours? Is it the door hinges?

wonkylegs Sun 10-Mar-13 22:34:31

Ours is eight years old now, and was a replacement for an identical one that the door fell off, yes it was the hinges on that one. This one I get more pissed off with the crapness of the oven that the wobbly door.

bigTillyMint Mon 11-Mar-13 06:54:42

wonky, I bet ours was the same model! But I loved that cooker - the ovens were perfect - apart from the doorsconfused

The doors on the new one have a different type of hinge, but heat up hotter, so I have to remember to put the temp down a bit!

lpa Mon 11-Mar-13 07:11:01

Thanks all. Wonky legs and bigtillymint like the look of Belling and Stoves but reviews mostly not too happy. Leisure seemed best option if Beko didn't take it over.

PolterGoose Mon 11-Mar-13 14:34:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MarianForrester Mon 11-Mar-13 15:57:59

If it helps, I hate my Rangemaster Toledo XT.

Style over substance; oven door swings shut, grill crap, vents at back for food to fall down and no way to retrieve it. The plate warmer plate thingy is also far too hot.

So, looks good but that's about it.

Springsister Mon 11-Mar-13 21:02:51

We got a black leisure range cooker last year. It was under £700 from appliances online and it is awesome. Looks beautiful and heats up quickly. Five burners centre one a wok burner. Self cleaning. Love love love it.

Springsister Mon 11-Mar-13 21:05:34

Haven't heard about cooker deaths.... Wouldn't a recent purchaser get a warning??

reeg321 Tue 11-Jul-17 08:16:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

QueenofBlah Tue 11-Jul-17 12:38:32

I absolutely love my leisure range, it looks fabulous and cooks perfectly fine. Loads of people have complimented it. gone off it a bit now I know it's Beko

SpearmintTea Tue 11-Jul-17 18:30:59

We've had a Leisure range for about 5 years and would definitely recommend it. I don't see why it being owned by Beko would put you off. I've had a number of beko appliances over the years and they've all been very reliable, including a freezer which is now 20 years old and still in use.

Onlytheyoungones Tue 11-Jul-17 18:44:56

Avoid Stoves - they have dreadful customer service. Their ranges have a 5 year parts guarantee BUT only if the part is fitted by one of their engineers (at what cost???). A couple of the knobs of my range cooker have come off, they are attached by a spring thing which once off won't re-attach, but a new knob just needs to be taken out of the packet and pushed on - I can and have done that. They expect you to pay for the new knob even within the 5 year period. I am persistent and have received new knobs for free but only by chance/luck/perseverance!

hooliodancer Wed 12-Jul-17 17:14:50

Ebay. Some real bargains there.

I'm not a lover of my Belling; the handles for the oven doors broke, the knob above the grill has melted, all of the letters/numbers/symbols are peeling off so you get to play guess the temperature.

It's only 4 years old angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now