Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hayes, Kent - tell me more!!

(4 Posts)
ckbarker1979 Tue 05-Mar-13 14:11:25

Just had an offer accepted on a house in Hayes. We have been living in east Dulwich for 11 years now but have out grown it in our 2 bed now there are 4 of us! My youngest almost 2 and it's a miracle we've lasted this long! I love the area. I think its very pretty and feels very relaxed. I was just hoping to gather more info off those of you in the know. We are in the catchment area for Pickhurst and eventually Hayes, but obviously can't apply for my 5 year old to school locally til we actually move. Lots of commuting back and forth while we wait! Anyone else had to do this too?

Anyway - thanks in advance for all replies....

Charlotte

Ihatemytoes Tue 05-Mar-13 14:31:24

I live in Hayes. It's a lovely area, we've been here for about 11 years. My DCs both went to Hayes Primary, and are now both at Hayes secondary. I love it here. It's handy for shopping, and commuting into London, I love that we're so near to pretty villages like Downe. I could go on and on..

Ihatemytoes Tue 05-Mar-13 14:49:02

Forgot to add, in "Old Hayes" there are couple of lovely cafes, and the George pub who do lovely food, and have a nice seating area outside, perfect in the summer. Also Hayes library is fab, and very pretty too.

RachSutton Tue 04-Mar-14 16:21:39

Hi Charlotte, we are 11 months behind you moving from Herne hill last month. I have a 2 yr old and a nearly 6 yr old that we are driving back over every day. Would love to know how you have got on and would be great to meet some families with similar aged children. Rachel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now