We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.



Advanced search

help me top up my water pressure!

(4 Posts)

I just came home from a weekend away. the boiler has error code E37. the water pressure is too low. the manual is useless, DP is away and me and ds are freezing. I will try to upload a pic of the system. I know I need to turn a tap until the pressure increases to between 1 and 2 but I don't know which one!


TIA!!!!wine brew thanks

WithManyTots Wed 13-Feb-13 18:25:41

Without a picture it's difficult, but in general there is something called a filling loop. It is usually a steel braided flexible hose. It may or may not be actually connected at both ends, between your water supply and the filling point on the boiler. The tap you are looking for will be near one ( or both ) ends of the filling loop. You may be able to operate it by hand, or you might need to turn it with a screwdriver. I know there are lots of options there, but the best place to start is by finding the filling loop

minibmw2010 Wed 13-Feb-13 18:29:01

Ours is a Potterton boiler, so I can only talk about that brand.

On ours there are two small valves, almost side by side. One is pointing sideways and the offer forward (hope that makes sense). I have to turn the sideways one to a forward position, then the forward one goes sideways but only for a few seconds (you should hear the pressure whoosh up). Then you make sure everything is back in place and try to relight the pilot.

Good luck.

PigletJohn Fri 15-Feb-13 12:55:29

you have got to find the make and model.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now