Talk

Advanced search

I'm 5'10'' and DH is 6'2" - what length bath?

(7 Posts)
IHeartKingThistle Sun 20-Jan-13 12:14:43

We don't really fit in the small bath we have at present. I'm all confused by bathroom websites though - help!

kitsmummy Sun 20-Jan-13 12:18:20

We have this bath 1800 x 800, DH is 6ft and it's great for him.

IHeartKingThistle Sun 20-Jan-13 12:22:20

How funny, that's the one we were just looking at! What do you do about taps with that sort of bath - do you have to build out the wall a bit to plumb them intothe wall?

kitsmummy Sun 20-Jan-13 13:26:49

The bath is actually sitting in the garage at the moment - bathroom being done in February! We are having taps which come out of the wall but the wall won't be built out to do this (we've had this in a previous house and they didn't build the wall out there), but you could also have freestanding taps at one end of the bath, or the other option is to use the filler bit in the bath as the part where water comes out (eg I think it's an overflow but the bath can also fill from there too). I hadn't heard of that before but the bathstore people talked me through it, we didn't go for it though.

PolterGoose Sun 20-Jan-13 16:30:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

partystress Sun 20-Jan-13 16:46:52

I second Polter. Have a sit in it before you buy. Biggest is not always best grin. I have v tall DH, so we went for longest bath we could get. I find it v uncomfy because I have to sort of grip the bottom with my feet to stop sliding down. With us, a bath the right length for me would leave him with knees round his ears, but with only 4" between you, you should be able to find one that fits you both.

We've just bought a 1900 x 900 artisan rosa spa bath which 6ft, wide shouldered dh fits in happily

this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now