Advanced search

Planning permission in conservation area

(4 Posts)
jenny60 Sun 20-Jan-13 07:49:21

We are going to replace plastic windows with wooden sashes but need planning permission as we are in a conservation area. Can anyone help with writing a design and access statement and/or a sunlight and daylight statement? I'd rather do this myself than pay someone as windows already costing and arm and a leg.


Sausagedog27 Sun 20-Jan-13 09:06:04

Easy to write yourself. Just write a factual statement about why you are wanting to replace the windows, restore them back to wood- thus enhancing the character of the house and the wider conservation area etc.

Best thing to do is to have a look on the councils website for guidance and at other similar applications to see what they have written.

I don't have a clue what a daylight statement is though?

jenny60 Sun 20-Jan-13 16:38:56

Thanks. Hardly anything on Council website, annoyingly.

Anyone else have any ideas?

PolterGoose Sun 20-Jan-13 16:45:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: