Talk

Advanced search

I am having a new kitchen fitted

(4 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sun 13-Jan-13 09:57:07

How long should it take? It was started on Monday - so 6 days ago - and we still have no sink or useable space. It seems to be taking forever and it took a whole day yesterday just to get the worktops on. So far plumbing has been re-run, gas pipe capped off, pipework chased in, new electric sockets added, plastering done, base units in and worktop cut. No extractor, no sink, taps, tiles, wall units.sad I've been told Thursday... I'm not hopeful.

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 13-Jan-13 20:24:23

Mine took just under two weeks - but we went on holiday while they did it to avoid the mess.

Just remember it will be worth it in the end!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sun 13-Jan-13 20:51:57

Maybe my timescale is about right then. It will be lovely when it's done and you had the right idea to go away while it was done. it's a total nightmare dust everywhere, my whole kitchen piled up in other rooms, no sink. argh!!

annalouiseh Sun 13-Jan-13 21:20:45

Its should be about 5 days to rip out and replace like for like, including redoing plumbing etc.
when there's extra like flooring, plaster ( not really the plastering but drying time) it can roll into 2 weeks.
a whole day on worktops? depending on material and size of room could take that.
Don't worry about the time, think about the finish.
rather have a 8 /12 day job done well that a 5/6 day job done bad
if your paying for the job and not day rate

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: