Advanced search

Bought replacement kitchen doors - who can fit them for me?

(8 Posts)
AngryFeet Thu 10-Jan-13 09:54:16

Wr are putting our house on the market next month and bought replacement doors and drawers for the whole kitchen as several were broken. I need someone to put the new doors and hinges on and also drill into new drawer fronts so they can fit onto the current drawers.

Who would do something like this? Handyman? I have 3 weeks max to get it done so need to get a quote now.


lalalonglegs Thu 10-Jan-13 09:56:59

Handyman can do it but, as long as the new hinge holes are aligned with the old ones, it's really not a difficult job. Why not try one yourself before calling anyone out?

Huffpot Thu 10-Jan-13 09:57:01

You could list it on Rated People?
My DP is a carpenter and gets work from theresmile

AngryFeet Thu 10-Jan-13 10:09:16

I can do the doors i guess but the drawers are much harder. We need to fit them onto the old wood little cylinder things you use when you fit stuff together. The little things that are about 2cm long and 0.5cm wide - what are they called??!!

FourArms Sat 12-Jan-13 20:01:09


Springforward Sat 12-Jan-13 21:15:58

I'd go for a carpenter or a kitchen fitter. I've had good experiences with Rated People in the past.

PigletJohn Sat 12-Jan-13 23:57:12

if you can find a skilled joiner, he will do it better and faster than anyone else.

For some reason kitchen fitters charge a high rate. I suppose because people like to spend thousands of pounds on their kitchens.

Reaa Sun 13-Jan-13 08:33:43

Where do you live?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: