Advanced search

What is reasonable insurance quote for standard 3 bed semi??

(4 Posts)
nocake Sat 26-Jan-13 23:11:15

No, you don't need legal cover. Read up on emergency cover then decide if you need it.

Don't go to a broker unless you require specialist insurance. Look on comparison sites, making sure you have sufficient cover (you'd be surprised how much contents cover you need) then go direct to the insurance company. Pick a well known name with a good reputation because you don't want to be messed around if you have to make a claim.

Sunnyshores Sat 26-Jan-13 21:46:06

Get some insurance ASAP!! We pay £150 building only with accidental damage - this is for a rental house, so would expect owner occupier to be slightly cheaper.
Personally I wouldnt bother with Legal Assistance, you may already have it with car insurance, or free sometimes with various bank accounts. I dont know what Emergency cover, covers....
As for who to go with, I wouldnt just accept the cheapest, far better to pay maybe 20 more and have a well-known insurer.

ClareMarriott Tue 08-Jan-13 18:30:22


First of all , is the insurance for both building and contents cover still current or has it lapsed or due to lapse soon ? Is the cover for both with the same insurer ? What I would suggest is contact an insurance broker to provide you with a quote. Try Norman Butcher and Jones on tel no 020 8290 6900

friendlymum67 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:26:08

Am taking on house insurance from STBExH and have visited the various comparison sites. Obviously I could take the cheapest quote but is that a good idea?? Do I need Legal Assistance cover and Emergency cover?

Any help/info much appreciated. (Should add that currently I have no insurance and that makes me very nervous!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now