Talk

Advanced search

New here looking for info on wicks heritage grey kitchen

(18 Posts)
Chihuahuas Sat 05-Jan-13 13:54:26

Hello there

I'm looking to get feedback on how a wicks heritage grey kitchen looks in situ and how it stands up to general use etc.

If anyone has any comments, good and bad, and especially some pics, I would be eternally grateful!

Thank you all in advance. smile

betterwhenthesunshines Sat 05-Jan-13 18:22:03

Look and see if there is a Benchmarx near you - they supply Wickes and you can buy the same kitchen at trade prices (although I can't remember what it's called - sorry)

Can't help on durability - just price in case you decide to go for it!

Chihuahuas Sat 05-Jan-13 19:19:48

Thank you. Yes I will get quotes from wicks and benchmarx (called borrowdale) I think.

X

NightFallsFast Sat 05-Jan-13 22:40:35

I also want to thank you for this as we got a quote today from Wicks for the same kitchen. We saw it in person and were impressed with it, but think that even with all the discounts it may be cheaper to go elsewhere.

Chihuahuas Sat 05-Jan-13 22:58:41

I'm going to see in person Tomos. Hoping to get quotes from wicks and benchmarx and then get a local fitter to do the fitting. Still looking for reviews though as to how a painted wood kitchen holds up. Does it stain, scratch easy etc. plus never had a 'inframe' kitchen before so not sure if any potential issues with them.

Chihuahuas Sun 06-Jan-13 15:44:52

Well after seeing the heritage I've fell in love with Tiverton bone. The quote without appliances for this came in 4800. So I now need a fitter to get the eqiv kitchen quoted at benchmarx. I think it's called Eden. Looks like my 4k budget got blew out the water!

NightFallsFast Sun 06-Jan-13 17:13:27

I'm glad you've found what you like. We liked the Tiverton too but DH much prefers the in frame kitchens.

Our quote was nearly 12k for units and sinks only (builders are fitting it) which was with the 50%+15%+10%+5% discounts, but we're having a lot of units/an island etc. I'll update when we get a quote from Benchmarx.

Chihuahuas Sun 06-Jan-13 18:29:48

Great! Mine is 11 units I think with a faux wood work top, white ceramic drink with drainer and magic cupboard thingy bob. Is your fitter getting your quote from benchmarx?

Chihuahuas Fri 01-Feb-13 17:47:55

Well I've finally decided on my kitchen and its not from wicks or howdens.

Gone with a fab chap who works out of Trafford Manchester..not sure if im allowed to name? Completely gets where I'm coming from and came up with my dream painted wood kitchen in a lovely pale duck egg blue colour and has been amazing with providing extensive visuals etc and coming up with ideas for me.

Going with oak worktops which are going to be coated in copious amounts of osmo oil as I believe it's almost bomb proof from my extensive research!

All getting ordered next week and will take around 5 weeks to be made and all came in almost bang on the budget I gave him of 6k including appliances too!

Will update along the way. Kitchens take over your life don't they!?

smile

Chihuahuas Tue 09-Apr-13 16:19:55

Finished article! www.flickr.com/photos/94868316@N08/8635155990/

Flossiechops Tue 09-Apr-13 16:53:49

It looks lovely grin

Chihuahuas Tue 09-Apr-13 17:19:18

Thank you. Tis only tiny but so is the house smile

noddyholder Tue 09-Apr-13 17:20:45

Its very nice Glad you are please with it

MothershipG Tue 09-Apr-13 17:24:41

Is that an Evo kitchen? Can I be nosey and ask how much it costed in the end? It looks lovely.

Yorky Tue 09-Apr-13 20:34:35

Evo does great design work doesn't he - nothing I mentioned was too much trouble to alter - comparing how one unit would look instead of another etc. Impatient to get it installed now smile
Thanks for sharing your pictures

Chihuahuas Tue 09-Apr-13 21:49:05

Aye Paul is fab. Helped me with a load of decisions as hubby was rubbish and i chopped and changed the qoute a few times too. Mine Cost about 7.5k and I went for a good oven and extractor and hob and the Intergrated micro cost a lot. There was a lot of oak worktop in the order too!

Chihuahuas Tue 09-Apr-13 21:49:17

Aye Paul is fab. Helped me with a load of decisions as hubby was rubbish and i chopped and changed the qoute a few times too. Mine Cost about 7.5k and I went for a good oven and extractor and hob and the Intergrated micro cost a lot. There was a lot of oak worktop in the order too!

MothershipG Tue 09-Apr-13 22:33:40

So good you posted twice! wink

Thanks for that, helps me work out a budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now