Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grove Park, Bromley - What's it like to live in?

(9 Posts)
KezzieJJ Fri 04-Jan-13 07:45:01

Hi again everyone.

Thanks for the valuable insight to my last thread, regarding Woking and Guildford. After several weeks of desolate househunting at our meagre 250K budget, we have started to look locally again - and wondered if anyone had any insight to Grove Park in Bromley.

Fantastically large houses, good commute - schools seem pretty good - is there an unseen catch somewhere?

ANY and all opions highly welcome given we don't know the area and have seen two houses that we like and might suit our family.

Thanks in advance!

smile

Bumblequeen Fri 04-Jan-13 08:37:11

Your budget is £60k more than ours! We ended up relocating to Kent as we could not buy more than a flat in London.

Bromley is nicer than Grove Park but unsure how far your budget would go.

Grove Park is more affordable. Avoid houses near the station as well as the long stretch leading into Downham. Quite rough.

KezzieJJ Fri 04-Jan-13 09:08:13

Thanks so much for this response - we are also looking in Kent but struggling as husbie has to get to Hammersmith so this side has to be a short commute. Where did you end up going to in Kent?

We are specifically looking at Kynaston/Sandringham Road off Burnt Ash Lane - any further views on that particular area?

ClareMarriott Fri 04-Jan-13 10:58:53

Contact an estate agency in Bromley called Sinclair Hammelton tel no 020 8464 5566 www.sinclairhammelton.co.uk, all the employees have worked in the business for years and know the borough of Bromley like the back of their hands when it comes to houses/flats/schools etc. They will be able to advise you on what you can afford with the budget you have. ( I have used them myself and they are fab )

Autumn12 Mon 07-Jan-13 13:26:11

Grove Park is quite rough IMHO. That's the reason the houses are so cheap!

Whitershadeofpale Mon 07-Jan-13 13:32:17

Grove Park is rough but more on the area near the station/ Mottingham side. I know both the roads you've mentioned and they're very nice (and right near a Waitrose wink). In my experience people from that area tend to identify themselves as living in Bromley rather than Grove Park as I believe your Borough would be Bromley rather than Lewisham.

I live fairly near and commute from Grove Park (it's zone 4 rather than Bromley's zone 5 so a lot cheaper).

Feel free to ask any specific questions.

Keets Thu 11-Apr-13 10:48:19

Hi, I'm looking at the new build properties on Leamington close near Grove Park. Any info on the area would be appreciated.

Is it rough? I've notice a bit of graffiti - is that common? What is it like for children and what is the standard of the schools? I've seen that most of the local schools are rated "good" but are any better than others?

Thanks in advance!

Gingersnap88 Thu 11-Apr-13 19:55:04

Grove Park isn't very nice at all, it's fairly rough. Lots of social housing (not that always makes an area rough). I wouldn't live there myself. You'd be better off heading into Kent or Catford / Forest Hill.

pinkdelight Fri 12-Apr-13 10:00:19

Mottingham is awful. Give it a wide berth! Bromley's nicer. Not a nice commute to Hammersmith though. Have you exhausted all the north/west areas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now