Talk

Advanced search

Mice ...

(13 Posts)
BloooCowWonders Tue 18-Dec-12 10:22:00

We seem to have a mouse living in the garage. I put down a trap loaded with peanut butter (I think it was a tip from MN smile )

The mouse has licked off every trace of the peanut butter but the trap didn't spring (although it did 4 times as I was setting it).

What now?

lalalonglegs Tue 18-Dec-12 10:24:47

One word: cat.

BloooCowWonders Tue 18-Dec-12 10:35:35

Allergies!

Although I wonder if we all could dose up on Piriton and borrow a cat for a short while???

Rhubarbgarden Tue 18-Dec-12 14:27:51

Yep borrow a cat to wander round your garage. Even if it doesn't catch any mice, its presence will put them off hanging around.

MrsJohnDeere Tue 18-Dec-12 14:41:10

If all the peanut butter has gone you almost certainly have a lot more than one mouse. wink

I'd get the pest control people in to advice and help.

<surveys room full of hidden bait boxes>

Roseformeplease Tue 18-Dec-12 14:43:10

Poison - put in the lids of jars along the walls where they tend to run. Refill it daily until it is no longer emptied. Modern mouse poison tastes delicious to mice but absolutely horrible to children. We have to do this two or three times before they are all gone. They tend to go away to die so you don't have mouse corpses to deal with.

SecretSantaSquirrels Tue 18-Dec-12 14:44:53

My cat caught two mice yesterday and another this morning.
He does make me sneeze though.

SecretSantaSquirrels Tue 18-Dec-12 14:47:25

Here's what to do when you catch him.....

nocake Tue 18-Dec-12 18:30:07

Buy a better spring trap. I have a black plastic one that has never failed. As it's not in the house you could also use a bait box. I have a cheap refillable bait box, bought from Amazon, and a tub of poison bait. You just fill up the box and put it somewhere you know the mice are running. Check it every few days and refill it until they stop emptying it. Then you know they're all dead.

SizzleSazz Tue 18-Dec-12 18:31:31

There is never just 'a' mouse <unhelpful> grin

We have a cat who proudly brought us a mouse at 6am this morning.

SizzleSazz Tue 18-Dec-12 18:32:21

Pre cat we used snappy traps loaded with chocolate buttons stuck on the spike bit

BloooCowWonders Fri 21-Dec-12 17:10:42

Thanks all.

The first 2 days I was just feeding the mouse (I'm in denial about the possibility of plural) peanut butter. Licked the trap clean and went away. Grrrr

So tried a choc button, and moved the trap to the edge of the garage - success!

1-0 to me. Finally grin

mulranno Fri 21-Dec-12 18:35:51

I bought a two traps from hardware shop last week - with pre loaded bate - have caught three in 24hrs!! shop told me that you dont need to add more bate as they dont get to it. they were £2.50 each..havent seen any droppings since and will just leave the traps in place in case any relatives come looking

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: