Talk

Advanced search

Plantation blinds - DIY?

(3 Posts)
MandaHugNKiss Thu 13-Dec-12 12:45:54

Has anyone ever fitted their own plantation blinds (or, had a tradesman do it for them rather than the sales/fitter team of somewhere like Hillarys for instance)?

I only want one window at them moment, and ideally I want it fitted next week (I know, I know. I just love flying by the seat of my pants!).

I think the window is about 3m wide. I just wonder what kind of price I'm looking at but without having to contact different companies because I can really do without fielding loads of calls about blinds, let alone arranging several meetings at the house for their sales pitch (the house is being rennovated; we're not living there - it's dangerous for small people to be there and I have a toddler and baby that I would have to have in tow!).

I guess I'm saying can I provide measurements to 'a company' who will send all the necessary out for my builder to fit, or indeed can I just provide them with measurements of the one window that I then get them to quote on? Then possibly come out and fit a blind too if the prices are much of a muchness.

Help!

MandaHugNKiss Fri 14-Dec-12 18:12:50

No one? We've got the dreaded Hillarys coming tomorrow afternoon so I should have a vague idea by then. But still. Would reall like to hear if anyone has gone the DIY route.

RatherNot Fri 14-Dec-12 23:17:43

I didn't fit mine - went the shop route - but try openshut.co.uk. The guy who runs it seems to do a number of options re: self-fit although I would think it would take longer than a week, even if it's just sending out the frames. Have you tried B&Q's? I think they do the Kelly Hoppen ones, too and are bound to offer self-fit. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now