Talk

Advanced search

f &b all white hallway ,stairs ,landing?

(9 Posts)
wfrances Sun 09-Dec-12 12:26:36

hi all
paint colour advice needed
need to paint my hallway/stairs/landing quickly
at the moment its f&b ball green
dh just wants to paint it all f&b all white which hes using to paint the ceiling right now.
will it look odd ,too cold- i dont have any little children so getting dirty isnt whats stopping me but will it look cold?
does any one have white hallway to advise.yay or nay
the hallway floor is dark wood,stair/landingy carpet is golden wheat colour.

uggmum Sun 09-Dec-12 12:31:32

I used f&b pavilion grey for my hallway. It's lovely. I used the modern emulsion. I got a grey carpet with different coloured grey flecks in it for the stairs. The hallway is oak flooring. All white paint work.

John Lewis did a stool in grey. Think it's called an 'A' stool. I use it as a little table at the bottom of the stairs with a black vintage style telephone on it. (also from John Lewis). The complete look is fab.

MarshaBrady Sun 09-Dec-12 12:42:29

Wimborne White is close but warmer. We have it on the ceiling and it's very nice and kind of soothing.

Daisybell1 Sun 09-Dec-12 18:20:17

We've just done ours in Homebase Contemporary. I love it (was previously bottle-green)

OrangeLily Sun 09-Dec-12 18:21:34

I don't know about exact colour of white but my house is like that with pale carpets, very calming. Some nice bright pictures to make up for it.

motherofluvlies Wed 12-Dec-12 14:25:46

We used dimity and Wimborne white.love the dimity.softer.

soonbesailing Wed 12-Dec-12 21:39:25

You may feel like it just looks like (any old) white.
All White is lovely and has no bright blueness like cheap white paint, but I was rather surprised how white it looks when painted everywhere.

tigerdriverII Wed 12-Dec-12 21:43:16

We've just done the landing and stairs in Pointing, the ceiling is white. It's just off white enough.

worsestershiresauce Thu 13-Dec-12 15:37:51

Another one here with pointing on the stairs (not the hall or landing walls though). The stairwell is quite dark so the pale colour lifts it. I think it might be rather institutional over the whole area though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: