Advanced search

underfloor heating

(7 Posts)
PolterGoose Mon 03-Dec-12 19:06:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Tue 04-Dec-12 12:56:42

betterwhenthesunshines Wed 05-Dec-12 09:57:18

Depends on your programmer. You say wetroom so I'm guesssing it's electric mat heating. Ours has a seven day timer and we set the times we want it on for each day. You can adjust the 'heat' of it by just turning the dial. Usually in the winter we have it at 4.8 ! During the day it goes cold. Electric is quicker to warm up but more expensive to run so I wouldn't have it running constantly.

PolterGoose Wed 05-Dec-12 13:55:13

betterwhenthesunshines Wed 05-Dec-12 22:12:12

Our electric system doesn't have a precise temperature. (The water based system on our ground floor does, but that's different!) It did seem very complicated to program at first but now it's very easy to adjust all the times etc as I'm used to it.

It shouldn't be taking you days to get it up to temp though?? Just set the time eg weekdays 6am-7.30am 6pm-8pm and the temp (20 degrees or level '5'). Electric should heat up in about 15minutes, although it may take longer than that to warm the air in the room. I think ours adjusts automtaically eg if you set 6am at '5' and it senses it's a bloomin' freezing cold night, it will come on earlier in order to get the room warm enough by 6am.

You may find that it's more a matter of adjusting the time, as well as the heat. Once you've got it set you should be able to fairly much frget about it and let the thermostat do the work. But don't leave it 'on' all day - it will cost you a lot of electricity.

PolterGoose Thu 06-Dec-12 10:23:22

betterwhenthesunshines Thu 06-Dec-12 17:33:28

Ah OK. Never heard that but certainly going from freezing up to super hot could cause a problem maybe! Once you get settled it will all work fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now