Talk

Advanced search

Thermal blinds - do they really make a difference?

(14 Posts)
EarlyInTheMorning Sat 01-Dec-12 10:13:06

and could anybody recommend an affordable online blind maker? TIA!

Bilbobagginstummy Sat 01-Dec-12 11:43:27

Mine do.

Mine were expensive, they're roman blinds but they make a massive difference.

Indith Sat 01-Dec-12 11:44:43

I think they do but like any other curtain or blind you have to close them at dusk, just as the sun goes down and not wait until it is dark. That way you keep more heat in.

digerd Sat 01-Dec-12 11:47:52

I have thermal blinds - they are concertina type-, but the disadvantage is, they cause condensation on the inside of the windows as I have draw curtains in front of them too.

EarlyInTheMorning Sat 01-Dec-12 12:08:53

Thank you all, bilbo, where did you get yours from?

Bilbobagginstummy Sat 01-Dec-12 13:09:34

I got them from a local blind shop (Oxfordshire - will tell you the name if you are local but no point otherwise).

EarlyInTheMorning Sat 01-Dec-12 17:11:35

I''m in St Albans

IvanaHumpalot Sat 01-Dec-12 17:58:07

www.gh-softfurnishings.co.uk/

I've used Gil for years. She makes lovely blinds and curtains and will work with fabric you supply or you can browse through her books. She is lovely. Highly recommend. I have got thermal blinds and curtains - in fact waiting on a set for the front door right now!

FishfingersAreOK Sun 02-Dec-12 01:07:41

Chelford fabrics is just in Harpenden. Massive selection and they do made to measure and ready made.

GreenBeer Tue 04-Dec-12 07:29:30

I got two pairs from amazon. DD's room is lovely now, blocks cold and light. Our room however is still fecking freezing because of the massive gaps in our 100 year old floorboards. So I would say with the right conditions they work.

EarlyInTheMorning Tue 04-Dec-12 08:07:21

I have that problem with the floorboards Green (see other thread grin). The window I need the blind for is really big so I need to have it made to measure.

AgentProvocateur Tue 04-Dec-12 08:27:12

Earlyinthemorning, I've just bought blinds online from Blinds2go, and I'm delighted by them. They sent samples, then I sent my measurements and the blinds arrived two weeks later. I got three roman blinds for a a bay window (with a 2m drop) for £200. First time I've ever bought anything other than IKEA roller blinds, and I am so happy with them.

EarlyInTheMorning Tue 04-Dec-12 10:18:25

Ooh! Off to check them out! Thanks! thanks

ThermalKaty Sun 20-Jan-13 10:48:19

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now