Talk

Advanced search

Roof Lift Loft Conversion on a bungalow - rough costings?

(5 Posts)
CuddyMum Thu 29-Nov-12 15:45:06

Had a look at a bungalow with a very low roof but a decent footprint (160 sq m). The house next door has raised their roof, built up the gables and created a new floor (bedrooms and bathrooms) and nice dormer windows at the front.

Has anyone done this? I am just looking for a rough cost to get an idea?

tibywibs Sat 01-Dec-12 17:00:06

Hi cuddy,
Sorry i cant give you any info, but i am in the same position as you and hoping someone will be able to answer!

startlife Sun 02-Dec-12 18:05:11

We were quoted around 80k + VAT but that also included some fit out costs for the loft but not bathrooms. The costs were - scaffolding (more than you think it will be!), tin roof to protect rest of house when roof removed, costs of building a new roof, wooden frame and tiles, strengthening of first floor to support new roof, fit out of new loft, electrics, plumbing, windows and stairs.

It can be worth it as but I guess it depends on the purchase price of the property.

CuddyMum Sun 02-Dec-12 20:22:57

Thanks Startlife smile

CuddyMum Tue 02-Apr-13 20:45:17

Just bumping again as this property is still on the market. I've seen it twice now but I wondered whether it was even possible to do this sort of work for c£50k.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now