Talk

Advanced search

Victorian terraced house? What colour is your hallway?

(10 Posts)
suntodayplease Thu 22-Nov-12 22:39:45

We have a 3 storey Victorian terraced house, decorator starts next week and I need to choose colours! Please share your colours (and flooring on ground floor and stairs) I need inspiration. Thank you

lucidlady Thu 22-Nov-12 22:44:05

We have stripped and sanded floorboards, and Farrow & Ball's James white on walls. Woodwork is in white eggshell.

MousyMouse Thu 22-Nov-12 22:51:19

floorboards (very shiny and slippery)
walls are textured (flowers) wallpaper painted over with a warm creamy yellow.

suntodayplease Thu 22-Nov-12 22:56:49

We currently have stripped floorboards but I hate them (ours not the principle) ours are old, in dire need of attention and very orange pine. Decorator said white woodwork is best, but to choose a colour below dado rail, and a lighter colour above the rail. He thought white above the rail and on the ceilings would look too clinical. Hadn't really given it any thought, now I'm panicking appreciate this is a first world issue

Keep your colour schemes coming...
Thanks

confusedperson Fri 23-Nov-12 19:37:11

Bare floorboards in our hallway, light blue-ish & white walls. We are soon laying new staircarpet which will be brown-blue mix.

lightrain Fri 23-Nov-12 19:39:04

Floorboards and a beautiful grey colour. White woodwork. Love it.

Pale laminate (here when we moved in and cba to change it) plus walls which are cream with a tiny hint of yellow and beige runners plus white woodwork. Boring but all wipe-cleanable or washable!

suntodayplease Fri 23-Nov-12 21:14:53

Lightrain where is your grey from? We have a off white/grey in adjoining rooms so thought of going down that route. What colour are your stripped floors? We are contemplating oak (oiled white) to lighten up as much as possible.

staverton Fri 23-Nov-12 21:20:09

You can whitewash floorboards. Looks fab.

Have a look at the Farrow and ball website - there's a inspiration gallery.

lightrain Mon 26-Nov-12 19:42:11

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you suntoday. It's actually b and q's own - called light rain (name inspiration!).

Stripped floors are warm oak colour - stripped then clear varnished.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now