Advanced search

Building regs question

(3 Posts)
indiegrrl Sat 17-Nov-12 18:55:52

LOL. Fantastic. Current owner being a real star to us, and will have no problem doing this. Thanks a lot.

bigbadbarry Sat 17-Nov-12 18:51:00

You can get retrospective building regs certificate - we had to do this when we bought our previous house, for a woodburner. A chap from the council came out, peererd at it, said well i don't really know what I am looking at but I am sure it is fine, and gave us a certificate.

indiegrrl Sat 17-Nov-12 18:47:26

We're buying a house that has had a kitchen knock through. It is at least ten years old and predates the current owner. Our solicitor has asked theirs for building regs certification, which the owner doesn't have. A structural engineer has reported that it is absolutely fine. Anyone know what happens next? Will solicitor simply accept it and move on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now