Advanced search

We have damp! Can anyone recommend someone

(8 Posts)
bubblecloud Fri 16-Nov-12 19:52:48

How do I find a trustworthy person to treat the damp in our house? We live in North Finchley (North London). Thanks for any help at all....

aufaniae Fri 16-Nov-12 19:59:31

I had some damp people come round, they were recommended by an architect friend of my dad's. They charged £45 call out fee to inspect it. They confirmed the damp was most likely from a leak above - so no rising damp or similar.

Seeing as they make their money from providing damp treatments, I trust them not to rip anyone off, as they talked themselves out of further work there! (This was great news for us as we were mid sale at the time!)

Only problem, I can't remember their name, I'll try to find out ...

bubblecloud Fri 16-Nov-12 20:11:21

That would be great if you can find out their details. Thanks

aufaniae Fri 16-Nov-12 20:42:18

Got it!

Allied Remedial Treatments Ltd

Unit B 1A Conduit Road, London, SE18 7AJ

bubblecloud Sat 17-Nov-12 09:30:07

Brillant, thanks. I hope they cover my area. X

PolterGoose Sat 17-Nov-12 11:54:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RatherNot Sat 17-Nov-12 12:32:03

I've use LSE Preservation a couple of times. They were much cheaper and seemed efficient and the course obviously worked as damp didn't show on subsequent surveys. They cover most of London, IIRC.

PigletJohn Sat 17-Nov-12 12:45:01

Why is your house damp? Does anyone drape wet washing around the house, or over radiators?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: