Talk

Advanced search

Shared Ownership? Share your thoughts please...

(2 Posts)
Mum2Fergus Wed 14-Nov-12 23:29:14

Good, bad, indifferent...all feedback welcome, thanks!

HorridHeffalumpsWickedWoozles Wed 14-Nov-12 23:44:43

Bad bad bad sad But obviously I am only speaking from my own experience and hopefully there will be others with positive experiences to share.

We bought a shared ownership flat as our first home together, lived there 6 years and finally escaped moved out last year having been ripped off left right and centre. My advice would be don't do it unless you are planning to live there a long time, make sure if you're buying a new build to check the 'snagging' policy, check the approach and management of the service charge accounts, read your contract very carefully, don't take for granted that just because its a scheme designed to 'help' you that anyone you deal with will ever actually give a shit. <tries not to get sidetracked ranting> Unfortunately I know a few people who had similar negative experiences to us, but maybe its just our area...

I wish we'd saved for longer so we could have bought 'normally', if I could start over that's definitely what I would do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now