Talk

Advanced search

Order of work advice - plastering, electrics, moving rad??

(4 Posts)
ScoobyDooWhereAreYou Tue 13-Nov-12 12:23:36

Can anyone tell me what order things need to be done in please? It's only a bedroom but I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about when I'm booking the trades people in so they don't think I'm a numpty.

So, I need some electric sockets adding/moving - that should happen first, then walls/ceiling skimming, the bit I'm stuck with is moving the radiator - before or after the plastering? Pipe work will run under the floorboards. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance...

lalalonglegs Tue 13-Nov-12 13:55:22

Move radiator at the same time as the electrics are being done as floors could well be up for that so pipework can be put in place easily. I might even have it done beforehand so, if need be, you can site any sockets around the radiator rather than find you have one hidden behind it. Get everything replastered/decorated then have the radiator hung in place.

cantspel Tue 13-Nov-12 13:59:43

I have having an extension built at the moment.
The electrician and plumber came to do the wiring and pipe work whilst the floors were up and it was just a shell.
The plaster is coming tomorrow then the electrician and plumber will be back to finish the electrics and fit the rads.

ScoobyDooWhereAreYou Tue 13-Nov-12 14:08:06

Thank you so much for replying. The room is empty and quite a few of the boards are loose anyway so I'll try and get the plumber in first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now