Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought wooden flooring online?

(8 Posts)
Bobloblaw Mon 12-Nov-12 20:18:35

I need to get 9m squared of engineered board for my dd's room and it is £24.99 + VAT at the builders merchant but some websites have it for around £16. Reviews are mixed so if anyone has any recommendations or places to avoid I would appreciate it. Thanks.

wendybird77 Mon 12-Nov-12 20:25:21

I just got some unfinished engineered and solid oak from ukflooringdirect.co.uk and it is really good. The flooring guy was raving about how good the quality is. Customer service was great and they delivered when they said they would. Only downside is they deliver to the curb, so it was a serious pain to move all 66 (!) meters of it into the house. Luckily DH and the builders were there and I was not!

Bobloblaw Mon 12-Nov-12 20:31:36

That is really good to know, thank you smile

FishfingersAreOK Mon 12-Nov-12 20:42:26

Same place - Engineered fumed oak. Carpenter loved it though he said it was pretty stiff to click the tongue and groove together - which although meant it took longer to lay it will not fall apart!

My stuff wasn't that cheap though - was£40pm2.

Get samples of whatever you are interested in - even some of the samples from UKFlooring were clearly a lot cheaper. We were flooring forever home so didn't mind spending on quality.

Customer service, reliability etc all great.

FishfingersAreOK Mon 12-Nov-12 20:45:23

Sorry - didn't mean for that to sound prim/sniffy about the "quality" thing...hopefully you know what I mean...just that some cheaper stuff you can pick it up and tell it is tat, some is OK and the more expensive stuff generally is harder wearing/better ply layers under the oak layer IYSWIM

Going now...

fluffygal Mon 12-Nov-12 20:45:37

No no no! Ukflooringdirect sent me the WRONG flooring and refused to pick it up and send the right stuff unless I paid for delivery- 75 quid!! I ended up having to pay otherwise I would have been stuck with flooring I didn't want. Their customer service was disgusting. Would never recommend them.

fluffygal Mon 12-Nov-12 20:48:48

The flooring we eventually got was very thick and easy to lay, but we had dark wood and some arrived with scratches on (so light wood showing) and glue on the back?! Looked like someone possibly had laid it then changed their mind and sent it back.

TWvirgin Mon 12-Nov-12 21:50:08

Few different times now over the years from flooringsupplies.co.uk. They're not cheap but often have great specials

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now