Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else trying to sell property at the moment?

(11 Posts)
herethereeverywhere Mon 12-Nov-12 14:58:50

I am selling for the first time and finding it stressful and we have only just instructed an estate agent! Has anyone got any tips for a first time seller? Or is anyone selling as well at the moment?

CuddyMum Mon 12-Nov-12 15:30:47

Hi, take a look at the thread called support for house sellers - it's a long one smile

CuddyMum Mon 12-Nov-12 15:31:23

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/1557762-Support-thread-for-house-sellers

herethereeverywhere Mon 12-Nov-12 16:33:35

Perfect! Thank you grin

ClareMarriott Mon 12-Nov-12 17:42:24

I'd say just good luck as it's a bit of an odd time of the year to put a property on the market , as it's usually the spring when buyers venture out to view

CuddyMum Mon 12-Nov-12 17:47:58

We've had a big increase in viewers in the last few weeks.

BlissfullyIgnorant Mon 12-Nov-12 17:57:09

Watch House Doctor (Ann Maurice) on YouTube
We followed some of her tips and sold a real pile of crap!

herethereeverywhere Mon 12-Nov-12 19:32:31

Thanks for the links to threads and YouTube.

We are in west London and have done a lot of work on the property so hopeful it will sell. We are not in a massive hurry as we will be moving into rented (going from London to Bath so renting at first before buying again)

Thanks for the replies smile

Gravenwithdiamonds Mon 12-Nov-12 19:42:39

In west London too, (SW to be exact) - had 8 viewers in 2 weeks, not sure if that is good ir bad for this time of year to be honest! Best of luck, first time we've sold too...

AngelEyes46 Mon 12-Nov-12 22:35:53

We are wondering whether to move or extend. In some ways can't bear the stress of moving but not sure if extending is the right answer. Seen a house come up again recently and it's such a downer for the seller when the buyer pulls out. I am in SE London (Purley) so not sure what that's like overall. Agree that normally people think about moving in the spring (suppose it's because flowers/sun is out etc.)

herethereeverywhere Tue 13-Nov-12 12:51:52

I had heard people normally want to move in the spring / summer but similiar to Graven we have been talking about moving for sooooo long now I just wanted the property on the market already!

My DH is a builder and works on a lot of property extentions and thinks if done well it can often be the better option but it depends on the property, what you want done, how complicated, budget etc. Its a difficult choice, good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now