Talk

Advanced search

Come and help prove that mumsnet is better than google.

(7 Posts)
thatlldopigthatlldo Sun 11-Nov-12 13:46:18

Your challenge is to find me a replacement bit of glass that goes in my lamp.
The lamp is an uplighter, and i need the replacement glass on the pointy down reading lamp bit.
The lamp has a sticker that says .'replace any broken glass' and 'replace any cracked safetyshield' and 'ersetze jede gebrockene Schutzscheibe'.
It's about 8-9cm diameter circular glass but I have lost the original piece.
The lamp was from john lewis about 6 years ago.

I'm getting nowhere with google. Can you help?

Trills Sun 11-Nov-12 13:48:41

If someone finds it they won't be proving that Mumsnet is better than Google.

They'll just be proving that they are better at Googling than you are smile

Take a picture of the lamp, go to John Lewis (pref on a weekday) and find the most senior-looking person in the lamp department. Ask them if they recognise the lamp, and ask them who is the person in the lamp department who has been there the longest.

thatlldopigthatlldo Sun 11-Nov-12 13:51:10

john lewis is two hours away, and i work full time. i need to be able to order it online.

but yes, proof that they are better at googling than me is more precise. <sneer>, don't you know not to fuck with someone who's been googling for hours?

Trills Sun 11-Nov-12 14:47:18

OK then, put up a picture of the lamp here and start a thread calling for John Lewis lamp experts.

BluelightsAndSirens Sun 11-Nov-12 14:51:27

I didn't know that topic even existed trills!

Trills Sun 11-Nov-12 15:02:18

It's quite new, but useful for pictures and stuff.

FishfingersAreOK Sun 11-Nov-12 15:03:24

Phone John Lewis and ask to speak to someone in the lighting department. Ask if they have an email address. Email to them....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now