Talk

Advanced search

Wallpaper - how much is too much?

(9 Posts)
LCarbury Sat 10-Nov-12 13:07:41

I would really like to paper DD's bedroom in this wallpaper I think the green is really more aqua or perhaps it is the white: www.cherrytreegifts.com/birds-of-paradise-wallpaper-blue.html

I would also like this behind our bed: www.lauraashley.com/invt/3343178

That means DS will miss out so thinking about this one for him www.notonthehighstreet.com/paperboywallpaper/product/dya_think_e_saurus_blue_wallpaper

The hallway is plain beigey white and you would be able to see both DD's paper and DS's paper from the hall but not ours.

There is no wallpaper downstairs. Is papering the bedrooms all a bit much (suspect DH will say "yes, it's too much" btw!) or do you think it would look fine?

LCarbury Sat 10-Nov-12 13:08:59

Laura Ashley link is supposed to be to Kimono Gold, I can't get a direct link to work properly

EdgarAllanPond Sat 10-Nov-12 13:13:13

one of those sites eh? i like it. quite subtle goes-with -most things - except in a room with lots of blue it would look greenish.

LCarbury Sat 10-Nov-12 13:21:55

In our bedroom, it's all white Ikea Hemnes furniture and beigey white walls and curtains at the moment so quite boring. I would like to add the Kimono Gold wallpaper and a goldy yellow blanket if I can find one. I have a few bits of Japanese black and gold lacquerware I would like to display, too - like this in style richardgardnerantiques.co.uk/product/2/4288 but not antique!

betterwhenthesunshines Sun 11-Nov-12 11:54:54

Have you seen the Birds of Paradise bedspread at Aspace? Here and they also do duvet covers so that could be an option instead? Maybe you could then do walls in colours from the bedspread? Patterned wallpaper can be quite busy in a child's room when they already have so much other mess treasured stuff going on.

LCarbury Sun 11-Nov-12 14:51:46

Thanks, that does look nice. Maybe I could go for pale pink in DD's room and goldy wallpaper all round in our room and refresh DS' pale blue walls. That would probably be less busy on the eye overall.

HappyGirlNow Sun 11-Nov-12 18:21:30

I don't see what the problem is presuming you have doors on the bedrooms? grin

I like the gold one.

LCarbury Sun 11-Nov-12 21:40:43

Thanks HappyGirlNow - you're right, we do have doors! grin

MandaHugNKiss Sun 11-Nov-12 23:14:51

So, by 'too much' I was figuring that you were going to ask about the number of walls 'papered. I probably wouldn't paper more than two walls in either of the ones you link to for DD and DS.

But I would do them, even though they may 'clash' if you see them all from the landing when the doors are open... IF the child wants the paper. I have a very neutral palette all the way through the house and into my bedroom but I think it's fine for some expression in the kids' rooms if that's what they want.

I guess I'm asking who is really wanting this paper? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now