Talk

Advanced search

New kitchen, new appliances?

(2 Posts)
Murtette Fri 09-Nov-12 03:43:39

Following on from my previous oven dilemma thread, its occurred to me that, if we stick with an double tower oven (as we have at the moment), is there any reason to replace our NEFF oven which functions perfectly well. I have no idea how old it is as it was here when we bought the house. If it breaks a couple of years down the line, presumably it could be replaced then?

We're already keeping our SMEG hob & extractor (again, here when we bought the place) as the hob is staying in the same place and, due to the slightly odd layout where the hob is, they're a much better fit than anything else we've found and, again, function perfectly well.

The dishwasher is dying (top rack no longer functions despite the repairman's best efforts) so that needs replacing as do the washing machine (keeps doing odd things for no apparent reason) & fridge freezer (wrong ratio of fridge to freezer).

FishfingersAreOK Fri 09-Nov-12 06:43:47

Maybe check out the dimensions of newer versions. When my built in oven went putt and I had to replace it I found it had been a bit of an odd size so I was severely restricted with replacements. I found one and it was installed without too much grief...although there was a a half Inch gap at the bottom which probably only I knew about/noticed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now