Talk

Advanced search

questions buyers ask agents at viewings!

(12 Posts)
MildlyMonica Thu 08-Nov-12 11:56:52

Right we are with our final agent and we want this to work this time! If you were viewing a house, what questions would you ask? What are the neighbours like, why are the vendors moving etc.. Any more?

PolterGoose Thu 08-Nov-12 12:28:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBucketxx Thu 08-Nov-12 12:31:50

polter moving into rented is an expensive option, you should have given them a time period say two months to work too.

i would hate you to be my buyer pressurising me.

i ask what the area is like generally, and schools. never about neighbours.

noisytoys Thu 08-Nov-12 12:34:09

I bought a flat so the only question I cared about was 'how long is the lease?'. Anything else I didn't really care or expect them to answer truthfully

PolterGoose Thu 08-Nov-12 13:47:27

AKissIsNotAContract Thu 08-Nov-12 13:55:13

I use property bee so I like to ask the agents questions that I know the answer to via that and see if they give me the same answers (e.g how long has it been on the market). I would also want to know the vendor's position as there is no point offering on a house if the vendor isn't ready to proceed.

cece Thu 08-Nov-12 13:58:25

My number one question would be about the neighbours. Having had terrible ones in the past that would be my first concern.

I would also have questions about shared drives/access sort of thing if their is shared land.

Parking - if on street.

Local schools.

Details on how quickly they would move, chains etc.

If someone has withdrawn from purchase then why was that?

I would also be asking dates/details about any extensions, work done on the house.

BettyandDon Thu 08-Nov-12 13:58:41

Next time we buy I will be asking a lot about the neighbours due to a very bad experience with our current ones...If we get wishy washy answers I'll just knock on their doors. No way we will make that mistake again...

cece Thu 08-Nov-12 13:59:52

oh and running costs, such as council tax, energy bills etc.

Bunbaker Thu 08-Nov-12 14:01:17

"I wouldn't care why they're moving"

I would. There could be a very good reason - bad neighbours, subsidence, house costing too much to heat etc. Although the vendor might not be very forthcoming with the truth.

Gravenwithdiamonds Thu 08-Nov-12 16:17:23

We've been asked about our neighbours, about the state of our loft, ie, could you do a loft conversion, and have we found a property to move to.

It's a bit nonsensical as we could have lied - we didn't have to as our neighbours are lovely thankfully, can't really fib about a loft and yes, we hae found a house - though we haven't yet offered on it but how can we til we have an offer on ours?

I'm wary of asking questions as a buyer as I never expect a toally honest answer from an EA!

soverylucky Thu 08-Nov-12 17:20:50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now