Talk

Advanced search

Blinds for living room - please share your ideas

(6 Posts)
vez123 Tue 06-Nov-12 22:33:41

Hi there, we have just moved into our new house and have no blinds, just some ugly nets in the bay window of our living room (1930s house) We really need some blinds - thinking of venetian or similar (ideally shutters but they are ££££)
What are you using and was it complicated to install?
Cheers

(I will go to bed now but will check in again tomorrow...)

greyvix Wed 07-Nov-12 00:16:30

We have plain rollers; I like understatement! They are very easy to install.

Devora Wed 07-Nov-12 01:53:56

I have white wooden venetians (like you would have preferred shutters - these are the budget option). I'm really happy with them.

I paid for mine to be fitted, but everyone tells me they're easy to do yourself. Obviously you have to be really, really careful to measure up carefully.

halfnhalf Wed 07-Nov-12 07:36:22

Is it a 'square' bay? We have one of those and I've put up 3 Roman Blinds. They're really easy to make, economical to get the fabric, and look good.

vez123 Thu 08-Nov-12 08:04:48

Thanks for your messages. It's a round bay and I think it's the exact measuring that is freaking me out. Maybe I should just give it a try...

vez123 Thu 08-Nov-12 08:04:48

Thanks for your messages. It's a round bay and I think it's the exact measuring that is freaking me out. Maybe I should just give it a try...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now