Advanced search

gas fire question

(3 Posts)
WildThongyoumakemyringsting Tue 06-Nov-12 19:56:49

This probably sounds daft, but if I want to move the position of the fire into a corner, and build a corner fireplace, do I need a builder or a gas man or both?

scampidoodle Tue 06-Nov-12 20:48:54

Hi. If it's a gas fire then you definitely need a Gas Safe registered plumber/heating engineer (used to be Corgi registered). You will probably find that most people who could do the gas bit would either be capable of doing the building bit themselves or would have contacts who would come and do it if it was a big job, so you wouldn't have to find two different people yourself. If you're moving a fire then you'll have to put some sort of flue in if it is no longer in the chimney - there are quite a few regulations about where these can go etc. DH is in this line of work and he ends up doing all sorts of building and decorating as well as the actual gas stuff.

WildThongyoumakemyringsting Wed 07-Nov-12 16:59:54

Thanks scampi, very helpful

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: