Talk

Advanced search

Moving house - please give me your hints and TIPS!

(6 Posts)
EdgarAllanPond Tue 06-Nov-12 19:48:00

We have sold again (hurray!)

the thing we wanted to buy has gone Sold STC to someone else so I am happy to move in with my parents and help them renovate theirs (5 bed house, so mucho spaco) whilst we wait for the right opportunity.

we don't have a date for exchange of contracts yet, but the buyer is processing their sale and hopes to move before Xmas.

SO: when to start boxing stuff up? i'm thinking do as much preliminary work n parents house whilst we aren't living there as we can, until exchange of contracts, then sort through our junk and do the stowing and throwing...

Notyetthere Tue 06-Nov-12 21:00:37

Try this link, lots of advice.

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=36196317%23post36196317

Good luck with your move.

frostyfingers Wed 07-Nov-12 13:56:58

Clear as much as you can before you move - taking stuff to the tip and recycling is very satisfying. Last move before this I gave a load of stuff to local Women's Aid - books, cutlery, small furniture, towels - which they pass on to people in need. It felt like a very worthwhile way of recycling.

Try not to move it with you and sort after, it costs more and you will have run out of energy by then.

EdgarAllanPond Wed 07-Nov-12 17:39:52

very true so :dejunking even more.

i have enough baby stuff for several families!

EdgarAllanPond Thu 08-Nov-12 18:26:55

ooh had confirmation of sale documents and a thing from our solicitor saying they have all our paperwork ready - exciting!

if we move before xmas i won't be able to do decs in this house!!

EdgarAllanPond Sun 11-Nov-12 14:11:12

ooh DH gone to parents house to do more fixing...

our solicitors have sent off all our gumpf
chain wants pre-Xmas date. feeling a bit sad as this is a lovely house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now