Talk

Advanced search

Wallpaper - need inspiration - DH picks wallpaper his mother would like!!

(11 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Tue 06-Nov-12 17:08:20

Not that there is anything with wallpaper his mother would like but it is just not me. Need hallway doing - only one wall would be papered - opposite the side of the stairs IYKWIM.

Wall is about 8 foot high so I think we would need something pretty bold, needs to have maybe a sort of greeny grey in it as have curtains with the background this colour on the landing and although the wallpaper would be on another floor to them the wallpaper would dictate the colour of the walls.

Ok go to it girls/guys before I leave him to his grandma wallpaper!!

MadameCastafiore Tue 06-Nov-12 20:26:47

No one - he has come home and shown me a few more choice designs!!! They are getting worse!!

nocake Tue 06-Nov-12 21:54:41

Spend an hour or two on Wallpaper Direct. You should get some inspiration... although the last time DW did that she came up with £75 a roll paper shock

iseenodust Tue 06-Nov-12 22:32:35

You narrow it down to a choice of three and then steer him to the one you like. Why have you let him out on this mission unsupervised? grin

mewkins Wed 07-Nov-12 20:54:47

Graham and Brown do some lovely paper. I like the geometric prints!
Agreed- I never let colourblind dh choose paints or wallpaper!

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Wed 07-Nov-12 20:56:30

Second wallpaperdirect, I spend many a happy hour browsing their site and ordering samples before I make my choice.

MikeLitoris Wed 07-Nov-12 20:59:20

bold, grey and green

I've bought a few nice ones from next.

BlissfullyIgnorant Wed 07-Nov-12 20:59:33

Just bought the latest issue of Ideal Home (I know - shut up!) and there's some nice stuff in there (no, really!) The good thing about that mag is they show the pricey one and a cheaper version - O&L vs Homebase, etc.

MadameCastafiore Thu 08-Nov-12 13:26:15

Have decided to do plain walls and a stair runner and rods instead to add colour and had a thought that was going to do a picture gallery thing on the wall we were wallpapering so though maybe pointless papering it!

Have just bought him a white resin deer head for Christmas to complete the look - not sure what he will make of it but I think it cool - thank you for your help though ladies.

amazonianwoman Thu 08-Nov-12 14:30:59

Oooh where did you get the resin deer head?

MadameCastafiore Thu 08-Nov-12 14:57:35

On Amazon - was the one that is about £55. Think it will look really good once the room is decorated and we have chosen a stair runner - we live in a big cream box at the moment and am itching for colour on the walls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now