Talk

Advanced search

Estate Agent being off-hand when I reinstated our offer

(2 Posts)
lecce Sun 04-Nov-12 13:12:12

We had been in the process of buying/selling since August. Early October, we were a few weeks off exchange when our buyers split up and pulled out of the sale. We told the EA of the house we were buying and they waited a week, then put the house back on the market.

Yesterday we received and accepted a new (and higher grin offer from another cash buyer. I rang the EA of the house we were hoping to buy and found the reaction very off-hand. He said, "yes, you can re-offer," and said they'd "let me know" Monday (house is part of a part-exchange being sold by a building company so no news over the weekend). I realise the EA doesn't have the authority to accept the offer but, I don't know, I just feel really deflated now.

We had paid for a survey, mortgage fee and searches so we have made a financial commitment to this house. I know it is business and no loyalty is going to be involved but surely they have no reason to turn us down now? I am starting to worry that they will see us as unreliable and refuse the offer, but our sale falling through had nothing to do with us or our house.

Can anyone reassure me?

ecuse Mon 05-Nov-12 17:00:26

Estate agents are a bunch of useless wankers. I reckon you're in a great position with your vendors unless they've accepted another offer in the interim. A reputable EA would have told you if that was the case however see point a) it might be that they have already got another buyer but he wants to leave the option open for you to gazump them by offering more or to move quicker. This happened up chain from us a while ago.

I would say it sounds promising but don't get your hopes up too high yet. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now