Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'Coach house apartments'

(4 Posts)
Gwennan Sat 03-Nov-12 13:09:57

Or, in other words, a flat over 2-3 of garages, one of which is usually yours!

Has anyone lived in one of these or does anyone own one? Just wondering what they are like to live in.

Not in a position to buy yet but hopefully will be within the next 12-18 months once we've saved up a bit more. This sort of new build seems to be quite popular in the areas I'm looking in and they seem affordable. Any thoughts?

nocake Sat 03-Nov-12 21:43:09

I used to live in a block with 6 flats, 3 on the ground floor and three above, with 6 garages underneath (accessed from behind the flats as they were on a steep slope). Mine was a ground floor flat so was over my garage and someone else's. It was no problem at all because the owner of the other garage was considerate and wasn't using his garage to do anything noisy (unlike me grin) and the floor of my flat was thick concrete. If you're considering one check how much noise comes through.

DontmindifIdo Sat 03-Nov-12 21:47:24

My BIL & SIL live in one, but they have the garage below, so they control the noise from below. If you definately had the garage below I would have thought it was better than other sorts of flats where you have the risk of a noisy neighbour in the flat below.

PigletJohn Sat 03-Nov-12 23:41:26

an up-and-over door can make quite a lot of noise when opened and shut. Some people like to do DIY hammering and drilling in their garages, or mending cars and bikes.

The one next door, not immediately underneath you, will also be audible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now