Talk

Advanced search

Nice looking filing cabinets

(9 Posts)
Slainte Sat 03-Nov-12 12:34:56

We've moved house and no longer have a separate study so our filing cabinet needs to be in the lounge. Has anyone seen any nice and non-officey ones?
TIA

indiegrrl Sat 03-Nov-12 18:21:26

If you fancy something a bit retro and Scandinavian try Danish homestore (google them) - a Nottingham based firm but deliver all over. They may have some nice wooden ones on their website but if not give them a call and see if they can help. I've bought stuff from them and been very pleased with the service and the care. But they aren't cheap - no idea what you'd be looking at for a filing cabinet, but their desks are from £500 to about 10k!

Slainte Sat 03-Nov-12 19:11:43

Thanks indiegrrl, not the kind of cabinets I'm looking for but I think they have other items I'd like smile

MarshaBrady Sat 03-Nov-12 19:14:54

Asplund do lovely stuff.

Slainte Mon 05-Nov-12 22:25:13

Thanks Marsha looking at them now.

ArbitraryUsername Tue 06-Nov-12 06:57:16

Barker and Stonehouse do some disguised office furniture that wouldn't look out of place in a living room.

herhonesty Tue 06-Nov-12 08:24:50

dormy house

daisie4 Tue 06-Nov-12 14:06:56

I bought a chest and put two metal filing cabinet drawers in it. This is the chest www.okadirect.com/Large-Chinese-Trunk-Wood-Brass-Clasp.aspx?vid=STR001GYL-0

I've also got one of these, which is a filing cabinet www.lombok.co.uk/Canton-Black-Lacquer-Filing-Cabinet-PFC2DRWCANTON/

ISeeSmallPeople Tue 06-Nov-12 19:42:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now