Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a fantastic compact table

(8 Posts)
greyvix Sat 03-Nov-12 12:15:51

We have an open plan living room/ kitchen and so don't have much space. In an ideal world, it would be about 100 long by about 80cms, but expandable. Rectangle/ square would fit the space best, as it would go against the wall, but I would also consider round. Any ideas/ recommendations or thoughts about rectangular versus round?

liberatedbetty Sat 10-Nov-12 12:56:44

I've just bought a fold away table from John Lewis. Called something like 'butterfly' table. Folds away (both ends fold down) and comes with four chairs, which can be stored underneath/within the table. £199 with free delivery - thought that was pretty good for JL!

NorthPolo Sat 10-Nov-12 14:06:07

We have the flip foldable dining table from Debenhams and it's fab. 80 x 80 cm when folded but extends to 160cm so that it's a nice family size. My parents liked ours so much they got one for their kitchen. Don't pay full price though as it's always in the sale.

greyvix Sat 10-Nov-12 18:10:49

Thank you. I am so pleased that people have answered. I have seen the JL one online, and it seems reasonably priced. Does it look good quality in real life? I will look at the Debenhams one now. I still like the look of the round JL House one, but not sure how it would fit into the space.

greyvix Sun 11-Nov-12 11:56:24

The Debenhams Flip is currently £144. Is that as low as it is going to go? It was more expensive yesterday!

NorthPolo Sun 11-Nov-12 20:09:22

Oh I didn't realise they had so many called flip! The one you're looking at is the Fenton flip for £144 but we have this one which is £100 but unfortunately out of stock. I think the difference in price is oak versus oak veneer but they look the same otherwise. It may come back into stock if you keep checking, the handbag I wanted did smile

greyvix Sun 11-Nov-12 23:41:59

Thanks for the tip. I will keep trying.

Mandy21 Mon 12-Nov-12 11:29:53

Have a look at the BJURSTA range from Ikea. We have the one which is 90x90 but extends to 180 x 90, but there are various sizes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now