Talk

Advanced search

Are metal framed kids bunk beds too noisy?

(8 Posts)
duke Sat 03-Nov-12 07:45:01

Need to buy a set of bunk beds don't know whether to go for wooden it metal frames. I like the look of the metal ones but just a bit concerned they are going to squeak and be noisy as the kids move about. Can anyone recommend a good bunk bed?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Sat 03-Nov-12 07:48:01

My DS metal framed bunk bed is completely silent. It doesn't squeak at all. We got it from Dreams.

OnlyWantsOne Sat 03-Nov-12 07:51:11

We bought dd1 a metal mid sleeper & yes it creaks loudly

And some of the bolts come undone no matter how tight & frequently I do them back up

But saying that, we had a wooden bed before & after We moved house once it was ruined and then I broke it being fat and pregnant

I would go for wooden tbh

Bumply Sat 03-Nov-12 07:53:59

I had a metal one from idea and don't remember it making any noise, and certainly no bolts came loose.

bigTillyMint Sat 03-Nov-12 07:57:10

DD had a metal one when she was small and it did creak and wobble a bit. We got both the DC second-hand Stompa beds from ebay a few years ago and they have been fantastic. So solid. Built to last a lifetime!

bigTillyMint Sat 03-Nov-12 07:58:15

Looks like they hold their price too - when we need to sell on!

OatyBeatie Sat 03-Nov-12 08:01:38

I had to get rid of our ikea metal high-frame bed because it made so much noise. It was like I imagine an old sailing ship to have been, sighing and creaking and squeaking with every move my son made.

duke Sat 03-Nov-12 08:13:15

Thanks for those, think I might go for a wooden frame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now