Talk

Advanced search

estate agent fees in York

(4 Posts)
Trixi72 Fri 02-Nov-12 14:48:46

Hi there, can anyone give me pointers on variation in estate agents' fees in York. We're thinking of putting the house on the market, and it's a bit of a minefield. ;)

FishfingersAreOK Fri 02-Nov-12 17:58:52

I would guess they are going to be the same variation as the rest of the country - between 0.5% if you are really lucky but for what service - up to 2%. Having sold in York (albeit about 10 years ago) I would base your decision upon making sure your estate agent is good at selling your type of property - ie if you are a 3 bed semi go for estate agents that sell lots of 3 bed semis. If you are a Victorian Terrace in South Bank (ie a bit bohemian) do no go for estate agents which seem to sell city-centre flats.

misterhankey Tue 06-Nov-12 22:22:34

We're in York and used an online agent, emove, and our house sold within a couple of weeks, for over the asking price ( set the asking price ourselves though, so may have undervalued). We haven't exchanged contracts yet though...They were very good, and the same person that does the photos for Carter Jonas and other posh agents took our photos. I was nervous as you pay a fee up front rather than a percentage, but they seemed vert efficient. The sign is pretty embarrassing though, i.e. Sell your house for only £395! cheapskates live here!

iseenodust Tue 06-Nov-12 22:30:03

We're in East Yorks and three of the local chains (so not Carter Jonas) all recently quoted us 1% without us attempting to negotiate. Not gone on market so that may be for later. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now