Talk

Advanced search

Dithering about kitchen lights

(1 Post)
herbaceous Fri 02-Nov-12 10:30:51

Hello again

I'm having another quandary about our kitchen refurb, and this time it involves lighting. One half of the square room is going to be kitchen, and one half dining, divided by a peninsular. I was imagining a pendant over the table, and one over the peninsular, probably glass for maximum ambient light. We also have a cooker hood over the hob, which can light up that area, but no lighting over the sink. It's under a window, meaning another pendant would look odd.

I think my options are a couple of spots over the sink (though I've got an irrational aversion to spotlights), or a strip of those new-fangled LEDs under the windowsill, shelves or running down the side of the nearby tall cupboard. Does anyone know how much light they give off? And they seem to plug in - would this be a problem near the sink.

I'm also dithering about splashbacks, but think I may manage to sort that on my own!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now