Talk

Advanced search

Colour scheme for Living room

(5 Posts)
Tichky80 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:38:03

I saw a really nice walnut coloured leather sofa in NEXT today, it was extremely comfortable (plus leather is easier to look after). However not sure it will go with the colour scheme i have in mind.

I want duck egg blue walls, hints of pinks in my accessories. I'm thinking a lighter colour sofa would look better with this scheme?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.If any one has ay inspiration pics they would post, i would greatly appreciate it.

mum47 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:42:33

We did up our living room recently and have pale grey-blue walls, duck egg and cream check curtains, with a dark brown tweedy type sofa and chair from Next. We have dark lampbases from TK Maxx, tartan and tweedy cushions and some dark candle lanterns. Looks fab and really cosy. I think the contrast between the pale colours and dark sofa really works.

Tichky80 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:44:56

Your living room sounds really nice mum47. I think im having a hard time visually it, and i haven't found a picture yet which i can use for inspiration.

Mum2Fergus Thu 01-Nov-12 20:45:05

Have you checked that sofa doesnt come in any other colour? Next sofas usually have loads of fabric and colour options...

Tichky80 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:50:03

I will check that out. Thanks. Although i loved the walnut colour of the sofa, really rich and dark. Not sure if that will go with duck egg blue walls though. oh dilemmas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now