Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy fire equipment (guard, poker, etc) from?

(17 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Wed 31-Oct-12 12:20:29

I'm so excited to be asking this grin Stove is going in right this minute <happy dance> and I'm thinking we need some sort of poking device etc but cannot remember ever seeing them for sale. Any tips?

<stealth boast> wink

professorpoopsnagle Wed 31-Oct-12 12:22:35

Search for a 'companion set' it has all the tools. We got a fireguard from Mothercare as we needed a child safe one.

sausagesandwich34 Wed 31-Oct-12 12:23:03

homebase/B&Q sell them

helpyourself Wed 31-Oct-12 12:23:54

Argos has both, as to hardware stores. Poker etc. is called a companion set. Enjoy!

DitaVonCheese Wed 31-Oct-12 14:01:03

Ooh, I never knew that, thank you grin

aquashiv Wed 31-Oct-12 14:21:49

Homebase

GrottyPotPlant Wed 31-Oct-12 14:46:54

e-bay for lovely vintage ones, as well as new ones

DitaVonCheese Wed 31-Oct-12 15:18:00

Thanks - has occurred to me that wall mounted ones out of DS's reach might be a good idea, otherwise I've basically just put weapons within his reach hmm

Workmen went out for lunch "for 40 minutes" 90 minutes ago <cries> - wouldn't mind except desperate to get out of house as entertaining kids when the living room is out of bounds is Not Fun.

FishfingersAreOK Wed 31-Oct-12 16:01:13

Ours was fitted yesterday...and I left them to it to come to my mum's for some half-term pampering...so I have my first ever woodburning stove and have not even seen it in situ yet (sobs)

Shalloween Wed 31-Oct-12 16:27:14

If you're feeling flush you could always have a blacksmith make you something to your own design?

SunnyUpNorth Wed 31-Oct-12 16:49:30

I recently got one from amazon, it is a really heavy iron one with brush,shovel,tongs,poker and stand and was only £20. I'm really impressed with it.

PolterGoose Wed 31-Oct-12 18:08:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DitaVonCheese Thu 01-Nov-12 10:02:07

Ooh Fishfingers, how does it look? We did the same, had to go out to a Halloween party so left them to it then rushed in to see it when we got home grin

Had our first teeny fire last night, now trying to source stuff like firewood and wondering if I can just buy a store or whether DH will insist on trying to build one wink

Turns out the installer left us some sort of heatproof glove thing. What else do we actually need? Poker? Tongs? Wood basket? <excited>

FishfingersAreOK Thu 01-Nov-12 10:18:27

Don't know what is looks like...am still away with the DCs and DH who is at home has not understood my need for photos to be sent stamps foot with petulant impatience. His description "well ,it's, err...a stove...it is installed". Useless grin Will get to see tomorrow.

professorpoopsnagle Thu 01-Nov-12 10:43:53

What do you intend to burn- wood, coal or a bit of both?

DitaVonCheese Thu 01-Nov-12 16:50:54

Fishfingers leave him wink

Professor probably wood smile

Arithmeticulous Thu 01-Nov-12 16:52:20

Kiddicare for the guard and Homebase for the poker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now