Talk

Advanced search

Urgent help needed with wallpaper a chimney breast

(6 Posts)
TINKERBELLE33 Wed 31-Oct-12 11:26:55

Do I put a central length of paper up meaning when the next lengths go up there will only be 2cm to wrap around the edge? Will this be enough? Or do i paper either side of the central line meaning there will be 29cm to wrap around? Will this be be very difficult to handle? I am on my own and only have today to do this! Please hold my hand and talk me through it.

TINKERBELLE33 Wed 31-Oct-12 11:28:57

Forgot to say the pattern allows either method.

Ermagherd Wed 31-Oct-12 11:30:54

Hi Tink, just had a close look at mine and there is a centre line where two rolls meet! Put up by my lovely helpful fil decorator!

Crikeyblimey Wed 31-Oct-12 11:34:03

I'd personally put the central piece up as this will be where you look the most and not having a join there will look better. I assume the chimney breast will take 1 piece in the middle then 1 either side of this (with your 2cm overlap). Is the 2cm maximum (is the wall straight?). If not, start just round the bend on one side, take the rest over then continue to the other side. This will mean a non-central join but if you are careful with your edges this will be fine.

Good luck.

Ponders Wed 31-Oct-12 11:39:34

Normally, with a big pattern, a central piece is better but given your overlaps I'd start from the central line. Wrapping 2cm round is going to be very fiddly

TINKERBELLE33 Wed 31-Oct-12 11:53:39

Thanks for your replies. I have re-measured and the overlap will be 3cm not 2cm. The wall is very slightly out but will only be a few mm on each paper length. I think I am going to bite the bullet and go for a central length. Well after a cuppa and another check on here! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now