Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours new build window looking directly into our garden

(8 Posts)
LouThomp Mon 29-Oct-12 20:03:16

Our neighbours have totally rebuilt their house. When they discussed plans with us they assured us the side facing window (their kitchen window)would be facing our garage wall. Naively we thought nothing more of it - but now it is in it actually faces directly onto our patio and garden. Clear glass has just been installed.

Do we have any grounds to complain - or is it too late as we did not object earlier? They have removed several sections of our fencing to build (with agreement to replace). Can we just insist they install high fencing or frosted glass? As its a kitchen window it will be used allot one they move in.

Any guidance much appreciated!!

MisForMumNotMaid Mon 29-Oct-12 20:12:44

22m rule page 7.

LouThomp Mon 29-Oct-12 20:30:56

Thanks for that ! Can I appeal this even if planning was pproved do you know?

MisForMumNotMaid Mon 29-Oct-12 20:38:17

I'd check out what has been approved. They might be trying it on and putting in clear where obscure is required or have installed bigger/ opening windows than in plans. Most planning is on line these days check out your local county website planning portal.

One thing to bare in mind, once you're armed with evidence, is these people are going to be neighbours and its well worth having a harmonious relationship. What do you want from this? Obscure glass and a high fence?

It could be easier all round if they shouldn't have done this if you approach them first with the suggestion for mutual resolution.

LouThomp Mon 29-Oct-12 21:42:12

Thank you - I think we just want view obscured as I can understand why they want light there. We so far have a good relationship with them, so will approach them first and see if we can reach a harmonious solution!

Thank you for your help - really appreciated!

LouThomp Tue 30-Oct-12 07:42:35

Have just checked plans and its 4 metres out if place! Off to start diplomatic discussions this morning!! X

GreenEggsAndNichts Fri 02-Nov-12 18:18:49

Okay, what did they say? Am so curious now!

TalkinPeace2 Fri 02-Nov-12 19:09:21

simplest and cheapest - and most likely to keep you all on speaking terms is to request that the glass they put in max level obscured glass

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now