Talk

Advanced search

The sink in Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals?

(13 Posts)
chipmonkey Thu 25-Oct-12 11:12:19

Does anyone know where you get one? I love it!
Or do I have to go to places where you salvage old stuff and do it up?

chipmonkey Sat 27-Oct-12 00:29:53

Oh for the love of God, doesn't anyone know or care??????
<<Weeps>>>

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Sat 27-Oct-12 00:30:47

It's a belfast sink isn't it? Just google.

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Sat 27-Oct-12 00:32:11

www.thekitchn.com/look-a-peek-at-jamie-olivers-n-129484

chipmonkey Sat 27-Oct-12 00:36:38

But it's not just any old Belfast sink, is it? It has a double drainer. I have only seen such things on American sites.

chipmonkey Sat 27-Oct-12 00:37:13

And I am asking Mumsnet as google failed me.grin

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Sat 27-Oct-12 00:37:37

Can you send him a tweet/email and ask him? confused

Zavi Sat 27-Oct-12 00:44:41

I care! I agree with you I think it looks absolutely fabulous! It looks like marble, possibly Carrera white. It has a very bespoke, new, look about it though and I'd be surprised if you would find something similar in a salvage yard...
Contact the program makers to see if they can tell you. Good luck!

chipmonkey Sat 27-Oct-12 00:46:27

I may try tweeting!

Zavi Sat 27-Oct-12 00:49:30

I am thinking that the cost of that sink ran to serious £££££s

JuliaFlyte Sat 27-Oct-12 00:57:02

From just looking briefly at the link it looks like the same kitchen where 30 min meals was made. I remember reading that they couldn't use JO's own kitchen for 30 min meals as his wife was about to have a baby so they 'borrowed' the kitchen from a member of the film crew. I sure if you emailed the production co they would be able to find out.

chipmonkey Sat 27-Oct-12 01:24:57

I tweeted and Jamie or a Jamie-minion replied with a link to the interior designers Thomas group interiors. Website seems to be down but at least I can make enquiries.
And yes it is probably £££££ and because I am Irish and the exchange rate is bad that is probably €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€!

skandi1 Sat 27-Oct-12 21:25:53

I would say it looks like its made as part of the work top.

It looks too seamless to be Carrara marble and the veining doesn't look defined enough. I believe it's made out of some sort of composite. Corian do a colour very similar to this and it goes up to 8cm thickness but can be made with an extra thick edge added to the 8cm and with seamless integrated sink. And Okite do something similar as well.

I think it may be the Okite as it looks closest to Carrara marble but with smaller less defined veining. Here. www.stonemasters.co.uk/Worktops/Okite/149/Bianco%20Carrara

Of course I could be totally wrong and it is Carrara marble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now