Talk

Advanced search

OMG how did I not know about this app

(17 Posts)
kickassangel Thu 25-Oct-12 01:40:37

Anyone else hooked on Houzz app? Even dd, age 9 spends hours looking through and picking out all her favorite things

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 25-Oct-12 01:54:08

Hi - long time no chat!!

I don't have a fancy schmancy phone - do I need one???

What does the AP do?

kickassangel Thu 25-Oct-12 02:07:36

It is a design portfolio type thing. I have it on my iPad, it has many many pictures of beautiful house and it links through to the web sites of the sellers so you can drool over all the pretty things. I am particularly loving wallpaper that costs $150 a roll :0

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 25-Oct-12 02:47:53

It sounds good! smile

Not off to google it, not at all....

grin

MelanieWiggles Thu 25-Oct-12 07:27:34

I know.

I have a serious case of house envy since I discovered it

<looks around house wondering where a mudroom could fit>

SunnyUpNorth Thu 25-Oct-12 09:25:20

Haha gave over a good few weeks of my life to Houzz when I discovered it a few months ago. It's amazing!

kickassangel Thu 25-Oct-12 11:00:12

In my head I have now designed an entire house, using the mn love for grey and some fancy pants wallpapers i found on there.

Found one wallpaper that cost $450 a roll. Definitely would have to be a feature wall rather than a whole room

HappyGirlNow Thu 25-Oct-12 12:34:38

Yes, been addicted for a while now grin my idea book is filling up fast!

jammybean Thu 25-Oct-12 14:40:02

Wishing I hadn't googled...Major major major house envy...envy

I want a house <sobs>

RobinSparkles Thu 25-Oct-12 14:43:03

Ooh, I didn't know about this app!

<<goes off to install>>

Lulabellarama Thu 25-Oct-12 15:46:03

Yep, me. I have 8 differ ideabooks, including one entitled 'Oh the horror', which is full of ostentatious Ameican shite.

kickassangel Thu 25-Oct-12 23:34:27

I live in America and fear that I will become desensitized to shite.

Dd wants one of those bunk beds that looks like a castle with stairs and a slide. I had to break the news that we could look at the pictures but wouldn't be buying any of those things

upinthehills Thu 25-Oct-12 23:55:34

Yes it is fab. Particularly good for sharing ideas - my architect has a link to my ideasbooks - thats got to help him please his clients i reckon!

kickassangel Fri 26-Oct-12 02:37:58

I am almost wanting my house to burn down so that I can build a new one with some of these ideas. Must up the insurance to a couple of million before I have an 'accident' with some matches.

kickassangel Fri 26-Oct-12 04:56:31

Theres a bath that costs over $40,000 and that doesn't include any taps!

Dillydollydaydream Mon 29-Oct-12 10:06:34

Just downloaded the app! I'm so easily influenced!

herhonesty Mon 29-Oct-12 12:36:28

love it but its started to annoy me because everything is in massive US size! particularly love the walk in wardrobes which are larger than my actual bedrrom would be good if we could have a "dinky houszz" for UK users...

have also recently started using pinterest which is fab - sort of similar. well worth a look. ideas slightly more "mainstream".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now